Having a good set of teeth is essential for a presentable smile, and a good set of teeth means all teeth are aligned and straightened. If not, then the person might be subjected to an inferiority complex and thus hampering self-confidence. Today, at SimpliSmiles, you can straighten your teeth, no matter how bad shape they are inthrough a technique called Invisalign.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is an orthodontic procedure through which teeth can be straightened without using metal braces. They are arguably the best option than metal braces as they are unnoticeable and can be taken off without any hassle.
They are generally made of BPA- free plastic and are any better than the metal braces; with this, you can get the smile you always wanted. However, before getting them, it is advisable to consult a professional and take their input.
This set of clear braces are custom-made according to the teeth structure of every patient. These are placed on the teeth, which need gentle push over time to place them on the position.
This procedure of getting Invisalign includes the following steps:
- First, a detailed visual exam is conducted to determine if this treatment is right for you.
- Deciding a treatment plan according to your unique condition
- Impressions of your teeth are taken and sent to the Invisalign manufacturers. It will take a week or two to get it.
- Now it's time to wear the aligners. Each aligner is different and should be worn in a particular order for about two weeks. As your treatment progresses, a new aligner will replace the existing ones.
Advantages of Invisalign
Let us talk about some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with the Invisalign:
- No brackets and wires
- They can easily be removed anytime without any hassle.
- They require very minimal maintenance.
- Since it is clear, people won't even know that you are wearing one.
- It is comfortable to wear
Please get in touch with us through online consultation or by calling us at 516-336-4902, and we'll guide you further.