Dental implants are widely used to replace missing teeth and are often the first option suggested by dentists. Such are the advantages they offer. Although dental implants were used to replace single missing teeth for many years, the advancements in dentistry have allowed dentists to use implants for multiple teeth restoration. This is done using all-on-4 implants.
What is all-on-4?
All-on-4 is a restorative means used to replace multiple missing teeth. Four dental implants are implanted into the jawbone at specific positions. Digital impressions of the mouth and the jaw ridges will be taken to fabricate prosthetic teeth, which will be placed on the implants and secured firmly using adhesives.
What are the advantages of all-on-4 implants?
- Since implants are placed in the jawbone, it enhances jawbone health. Meaning, they prevent the bone from deteriorating or shrinking.
- The implants keep the prosthetic teeth stable and prevent them from getting displaced.
- Patients will be able to bite and chew food as they always used to. Also, they make a face appear fuller.
- All-on-4 implants are an excellent alternative for dentures, as they offer the added advantage of stability.
- They are quite long-lasting. With the ideal care and avoiding oral habits that could damage them, all-on-4 last for many years without any hassle.
- The prosthetic teeth can be customized to match the exact aesthetics of the natural teeth. This keeps them under disguise and allows you to smile with confidence.
- The prosthetic teeth are made from dental-grade ceramic, which offers excellent durability.
- The best feature of all-on-4 is that the entire procedure can be completed in a single visit to the dentist’s office.
What is the procedure?
When you visit us for the treatment, we will thoroughly diagnose your oral condition and determine your candidacy for all-on-4. If you have any damaged or severely decayed teeth that you wish to get extracted, we will look into it and remove them. Digital scans and x-rays will be taken, and the data from them will be used as a reference for fabricating the prosthetic teeth.
The dentist will carefully place implants in the jawbone and secure them using dental adhesives. The prosthetic teeth will be placed on the implants and checked for fit and comfort before permanently bonding them in place. We will take you through the best practices to ensure their long life.
We, at SimpliSimles, make sure that our patient gets the right treatment, attention, and care needed from our top-class dentists. We also serve areas including Plainview, Syosset, Jericho, Bethpage, Massapequa, Levittown, and Westbury. You can get in touch with us through online consultation or by calling us, and we'll guide you further. Call at (516) 336-4902 to book an appointment at our Hicksville office and (516) 756-0111 for the Farmingdale office.